Lately, I listen to Nouman Ali Khan’s videos. You can find him on Youtube. The way he delivers the messages or advice is so simple, easy to understand and to be remembered. One of those video is this. In this video, he talks about Surat Al-Asr verses 1-3.
By time (1) Indeed, mankind is in loss (2) Except for those who have believed and done righteous deeds and advised each other to truth and advised each other to patience (3).
Some notes that I’d like to write here are:
- The biggest loss we have is time, as a believer don’t let another day go by in procrastination
- Respect your time. Fix your day. Go to sleep early. Wake up early. Pray Fajr on time. Pray with a good intention. Don’t waste your time. Don’t be by yourself on your computer. Don’t be up late at night, even if it’s to watch Islamic videos
- We are all marching towards death. One day has just been taken away from our life and we’ll never get it back
- Time is the biggest asset you have, then you better make good use of it in this world. Then you will have new respect for every day, for every hour, for every evening. There’s not going to be a loose attitude towards weekends. There’s not going to be any chance you get just wasted away sitting watching a screen, or playing some video game or other things like that. You’ll do productive things with your life
- Allah is not asking for a lot. He’s asking for a little
- I know I’m not better than you and you know you’re not better than me. We’re looking out for each other. Find good company to keep your faith alive, to keep your value of time alive
- Take care of Salah first. Salah is the ultimate reminder of the value of time
- Don’t waste your time. It is free time that destroys most people’s faith. There’s nothing else. Just free time
Peace be upon you.